Sunday, January 14, 2018

WATERWITCH UPDATE AND MERCURY MARK 55


Just wanted to do a catch up post. I have been switching schedules at work a lot so I haven't been able to post in a while.

I changed out the spark wire on the coil and the Waterwitch is still sputtering. I noticed the carburetor is blowing out air/fuel mixture. 


Because these issues are so relentless I got impatient and began to clean up the parts. You can tell its going to be purty. I am using 40, 80, 160, 240, 320 and 800 grit sand papers, then buffing with white compound. I seem to be getting a better finish than previous motors.


I also found myself an old mercury mark 55. This one is in sad condition and not worth restoring but it will be great for parts.







No comments:

Post a Comment

WATERWITCH TANK REPAIR ATTEMPT

...So I began to repair the tank. I am not done yet so this is an attempt to fix it.  The first thing I did was to clean the tank with...