Tuesday, October 24, 2017

EVINRUDE RBM FLYWHEEL PRE-RESTORATION

The flywheel is a bit of a problem. As you can, see the handle was once threaded into the flywheel's surface. Years of use have destroyed the threaded hole. The handle you see here on the left is a reproduction.


I am not sure how to fix this issue at the moment. I suspect it is going to need welding and/or machining. And worse still, my plan is to have it plated with nickel or chrome so the repair must work with the plating. I would rather not pay professionals but I might have to.
It might be possible to use some helicoil inserts though. I think I will look into that first and see what the pros and cons are. If that doesn't work then I will call a shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

WATERWITCH TANK REPAIR ATTEMPT

...So I began to repair the tank. I am not done yet so this is an attempt to fix it.  The first thing I did was to clean the tank with...